Monday, August 29, 2016

Gains

This morning marked the beginning of my week to drive Ethan and four other teenagers to early morning seminary. Holy Smokes. It's so early. 

And to make it worse, I tossed and turned all night worrying that I wouldn't hear my alarm and let all those kids (and their parents) down.  But it all went very smoothly and we were ten minutes early.

Now if I could just manage to get back to sleep when I get home.

I headed in to Crossfit this morning and ended up having a breakthrough day! I did the workout 100% as written! I am certain I have never done that before. And I am crazy proud of myself.


Anna and Laney started Sunrunners today. They both did amazingly well, especially in this heat and humidity. You should have seen Anna whipping around that track! She's so proud to finally be one of the big kids and participating in the things she has watched them do for all these years.

Speaking of growing up, Ethan was one of the kids that showed the current fifth graders his instrument and gave them a chance to try it out. I feel like it was just yesterday that he was the little one, standing next to a tall high schooler, picking the trumpet.

I looked down in the marching band as they performed tonight and I caught his eye. He grinned when he saw me and it sent my mind back through all of his fifteen years and all that we have done together. I love him so much.  He's a wonderful person.


No comments:

Post a Comment