Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Utah trip...The Cabin

Our first order of business was to give Grandma hugs and then we rushed off to spend a couple days at the family cabin. I have a few memories of going there as a teenager, but they mostly consist of being annoyed or otherwise dissatisfied with everything and everyone. I'm sure I was super-fun to be around.

The kids loved it.

Especially the drive on the washboard dirt roads...



That evening, Jordan and Cheyanne brought their family up to have dinner and let the kids play together and get reacquainted. Cheyanne brought the BEST garlic bread I have ever had. I am still thinking about it.


I miss being around family. I miss our kids knowing their cousins. Being in Utah made reminded me what we are missing out on. Why can't you all just move to Kansas? Is that so much to ask? Don't you love me?

The "babies".  Reif and Anna.


Taking a nature walk with a very pregnant Cheyanne. There were no premature babies, but we did spot a deer!


And the best cabin game ever....throwing rocks at stuff.


I loved spending time at the cabin. It was fun to show the kids a little of my childhood and besides that, it was a full 10 degrees cooler up there. Totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. The video of the drive on the wash board roads was so sweet! The best cabin game ever of throwing rocks was therapeutic! Isn't it wonderful how the simple things in life are the most precious!

    ReplyDelete