Saturday, July 21, 2012

Utah trip -- Ice Blocking for the next generation

When I was growing up in Payson, one of the "go-to" activities for families and bored teenagers was to go ice blocking on the hill at Peteetneet Elementary school. It has a really great hill that is a local favorite for sledding and ice-blocking. Many, many, many respectable concussions originated on that hill. The whole top-right corner of that photo (that I snapped from my personal helicopter) is just one big concussion hill.



I tried to find out if we were still allowed to use the hill, since now it is all fancified and called "Peteetneet Museum and Cultural Center".....high falootin...

But it soon occurred to me that our kids still have their whole lives ahead of them and I didn't really want to spend the remainder of our day in the ER.

So we procured the ice blocks...


We found a toddler-friendly spot nearby...


And we bestowed the tradition upon our offspring...


Are you as hard-core as Cheyanne? Pregnant...toddler....ice block....

Impressive.


I seem to remember the ice blocks being a lot bigger. I wasn't the only one who felt the need to use the double-block method.


Jordan was always the daring one.


Like all respectable Mormon family activities, we ended with refreshments!


1 comment:

  1. What a great family tradition! I laughed myself silly when I saw the refreshments! hahahaha Great job of blogging!

    ReplyDelete