Thursday, July 12, 2012

Utah Trip...Heber Creeper


While at the cabin, I decided to venture down to Heber Valley and take a ride on the Heber Creeper.


It was described as a three-hour ride to deer creek valley and back, so Mark graciously offered to keep Anna behind and save me from being trapped on a train with a squirrelly toddler.


While waiting to board, I overheard a few of the employees discussing the need to be by a window that actually opens so for the best possible train experience. As far as I could tell, that meant heading for the last car, where windows were open in abundance. We casually positioned ourselves to board quickly and head straight for an open window. We're sneaky like that.

Once we had boarded and the train started moving, I realized why the train is called the "creeper".

So so so so slow.

I'm absolutely positive we could have jumped off without any injury and jogged along side...just for something to do.

Don't get me wrong.  There was a couple minutes there at the beginning when "bandits" stopped the train and abducted a few people that bore a striking family resemblance to them.


That was exciting.


But then, we had 2 hours and 45 minutes to "creep".

Laney asked me to take a picture of her shoe.


And Mathew did what I was dying to do...


Meanwhile....back at the ranch....

Mark and Anna were livin it up.



And you know Anna was thinking of us..."Suckers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment