Monday, July 16, 2012

Utah trip -- kayaking at Salem Pond

So, while in Texas, my parents took up KAYAKING.

Imagine my shock upon return from my mission to find that I had parents who kayak.

It seemed so weird to me at the time. Weird in that way that things seem weird to a person who has no concept of their parents existing outside of the "parent" role.

I hope someday my kids come home from college to find out Mark and I have taken up Base Jumping.


Back to kayaking.

We took the opportunity to spend time kayaking with Grandma and our cousins.

First at Salem Pond (an old favorite from childhood). I remember I caught a fish there once and tried to eat it. It tasted just like the pond. Okay, like the stuff on the bottom of the pond.

Each person took a turn going out on the kayaks. Here's me with Anna. You can't tell, but there is white hot fear in my heart as I picture her leaping out of the kayak and her life-jacket slipping off. I am doing the vice-grip thigh maneuver as I smile for the picture.


Isn't she the cutest?


I bet you wish your mom was a kayaker too.

Mostly the kids played in the shallow water....


And swam out a ways and then back...prompting mother-prayers for the integrity of their life jackets.


I can't help it.

But my favorite part of every outing is eating goodies on the shore.


With my favorite people.


No comments:

Post a Comment