Saturday, July 21, 2012

Utah trip -- Kansas reunion in SLC

We decided we would meet up with some of our Kansas friends in Salt Lake City one beautiful Wednesday. First we swung over to pick up Brittany in West Valley, otherwise known as the armpit of Utah. That's West Valley, not Brittany. Brittany, I did not just call you the armpit of Utah.

Then we drove up to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to wait for the McCauleys.  While we were waiting, I do what every other Mormon mother seems drawn to do...take a photo in front of the big Joseph Smith statue:

Why?


Why do we do this?


It makes no sense.


Nobody wants to do it.


It's like something has taken over my common sense....I stop listening to my "inner voice".


You know, the one that says, "This isn't worth it".


"See? It wasn't that satisfying, was it?" 


"Now lets go get giant cinnamon rolls while we wait."


That's a voice worth listening to. It speaketh the truth.

The whole group...except for Brittany...who somehow completely escaped my photo-taking endeavors of the day. You are a crafty one, Brittany. A crafty non-armpit.


1 comment:

  1. I was told by one of the workers the Joseph Smith statue is roughly the same size as Goliath. Why they would necessarily compare Joseph Smith to Goliath I do not know, but at least with that picture you have a good comparison for David and Goliath and the feat that was. I am glad you are blogging, it lifts my day as I read your humor.

    ReplyDelete