Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Today....

....I resumed mall walking. There's something about the smell of the food court in the morning that really gets me moving. I've missed the elderly gentlemen that walk in packs and make small talk with me every time we cross paths. Today one of them asked me jokingly when I was going to have another baby. (I think he was referring to the 5 kids that were doing gymnastics off of the deserted kiosks) I replied that I actually am having another baby, but he is hard of hearing, so after he said "WHAT?" three times, I resorted to hollering "One is coming SOON!!" and patting my belly in an exaggerated manner.
It was a moment.

....We went to Walmart and bought fish tanks and bettas to replace 2 dead glo-fish and a dead betta (rest in peace, Levithon). I hope these ones will last longer. The Hufford home can be a dark, dark place anything smaller than Anna. Just ask Tootsie.

....While preparing dinner, I dumped half a carton of cool whip into my chicken pot pie filling. I sent the kids that witnessed the deed to do a couple urgent tasks while I tried to remove it. Then I stirred the rest in before they finished and returned. Tonight's dinner had a little extra specialness to it. I suppose cool whip always goes well with pie.

2 comments:

  1. You brighten my day. I loved the belly pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words painted a picture in my mind and brought a smile to my face. Love you lovely mama!

    ReplyDelete