Saturday, December 5, 2020

Advent day 5: The light tunnel (by Anna)

     On the fifth day of Christmas the Hufford family: went on an adventure to a light tunnel! 'Twas the fifth day of Christmas when the Hufford family put on their shoes and hopped in the car, to head to a light tunnel where they would sip hot cocoa and look at the holiday lights. Though at first things were not going their way. 

Ok ok people here's the real story: We the Huffords were drawing out of our advent calendar when Mom picked out of here pocket on the wall "light tunnel".  Laney out of nowhere said "Ooh I've seen    pictures of that place its so pretty!"  That night we wrapped ourselves up and hopped in the car. My mom was planning on getting hot cocoa but we also needed to get there on time. My mom told everyone "sorry guys we can't get cocoa" . A few minutes later my dad drove us to his work office and said, "I need runners!" so me and Everly volunteered. We went in and got cocoa then went as fast as we could outside and gave everyone their cocoa then we rushed over to the light show and wow... there's a huge line of cars... We sat in the car for awhile as we slowly moved up the line we finally got to the spot where the light show was. It was amazing, then I saw a sign that said 5 mph. I groaned. Then randomly sat up in my seat and looked at the lights with cocoa in my hand then saw another sign that said "tune your radio to 96.1" so we did and then we figured out that the lights were on beat with the "rockin Christmas music! everyone in the car was laughing at the sync of the music and lights. we went through the whole thing and everyone was disappointed when the ride was over . But overall it was a fun trip!





                       Over  And  Out!


**Anna wrote this as an assignment for homeschool! I think she's pretty great and capturing what the experience was really like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment