Sunday, December 13, 2020

Advent Day 13: Bread redemption, a musical evening and candlelight stroganoff

 Mark and I woke up early this morning. we worked in quiet tandem....he folded laundry, I did the dishes. He picked up the living room, I started the crockpot. He didn't wake up the kids, I didn't wake up the kids.

It's like we read each other's minds these days. 

It was....quiet. 

I felt inspired to have another go at the braided bread. I had them done and rising before any of the offspring were even conscious. 

After church (we zoomed), we scattered and pursued our separate interests for a bit...then we all come back together for some beef strogonoff....by candlelight! 

Then we gathered for our Hufford Musical Evening....our pared down, covid-friendly version. I gave them only 10 hours warning. I have learned that any more than that doesn't actually translate into additional practicing. Better to just jump right in!

Anna: The Holly and the Ivy on the piano





Everly: Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam on the ukulele





Laney: Joy to the World on ukulele





Mark and Megan: Mele kalikimaka on guitar and vocals





Maren and Mat: The First Noel on piano and vocals



Megan: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on piano



It was such a fun night! And really fast! The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment