Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Advent - Day 1...A plague on both your houses!!

 Today is the day! 

The advent begins and it's finally Everly's turn to pick out first. This secures her rights to pick out on Christmas day. I have kept meticulous records of which child has been bestowed this honor each year. I can say for certain that Everly hasn't had a turn in the last 4 years. I'm confident it would hold up in court...you know, in case one of the kids decides to sue. 


She read the little slip of paper (she can read this year!!) and it said that she got to open her special gift. She's been really hoping to get some makeup to play with and so she unwrapped a little lipstick and mascara. She was looking pretty fabulous all day. 

I cannot say the same for myself. 

I was reminded in a big way that I'm allergic to pine sap. So I kicked off the year with a full blown rash on my face, neck and arms. I tell you what, I'm pretty sure a plague of boils was the only box left to fill in the psycho game of cosmic bingo that this nightmare year has been. 

CHECK ✔

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm pretty thrilled that I get to wear a mask today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment