Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Clarke Musical Christmas!

The Clarke's organized their 3rd Annual Musical Christmas.

Mom was happy to attend, especially since it didn't involve standing outside in freezing weather in the wee hours of the morn. I concur.


Mari and Martin did a rockin recorder duet! I have recorded it for posterity and possible future blackmail needs....he is the bishop, after all, and I am terrified of being called as the choir director. I need insurance.


Then Charles got up and sang a very charming old-timey song about Grandma's feather bed. It was adorable and I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach.


Fred and Dylan made us all laugh. They were funny. And very prepared.


Why do I forget to prepare something every year? This isn't a sing along! What is wrong with my memory? Everyone showed up with a well thought out musical number and I figured I'd just join in with a little harmony on Silent Night....

oy.


Even sweet Megan knocked it out of the park with her "O Holy Night". It really was fantastic. She doesn't seem to have inherited my performance anxiety.


Next year! Next year I'll remember. Maybe I schedule my phone to give me a reminder in 11 1/2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment