Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Gingerbread freestyle...with Pizelles! And Grandma!

Well, I'll tell you. 

I'm plum out of original ideas for the Gingerbread houses/forest/train/village. 

So this year we bought loads of not-so-delicious graham crackers from Aldi, made a double batch of royal icing and let the kids loose. 

Although, this year we did spot some very cute pizelles at the store and they made adorable accents for our structures. 

Mom took her time and built an adorable classic gingerbread house, complete with little wheat chex shingles. (And isn't her shirt cute?? It really POPS!)


Everly won the Tallest Gingerbread Tower award. Also, pizelles are pretty tasty. They kind of remind me of a flattened sugar cone.


Laney was wise and patterned her house after Grandma's.


Megan's reminded me of a movie theater. I just know they are showing a chick-flick in there.


The boys all popped in at the last minute. Just in time to put something together for our group photo and make fun of my gingerbread pagoda.


Gingerbread houses! 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment