Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Ice Skating Party...mom takes the plunge

It's Ice Skating party time. And it's still at 9 pm...ugh. 9 pm is too late for everything. Except for maybe my kids to be asleep and me to be up watching multiple episodes of Parks and Rec. 

But this year I am going. Grandma Kathleen isn't going (lucky!) and so she was able to keep an eye on the little ones while Mark and I took the three oldest downtown. As the official "swing kid", Laney had the choice to come with us or stay home with the littles....she is a smart girl and decided a super-duper-push-the-beds-together-drown-in-stuffed-animals-slumber-party was the way to go.


Megan has been waiting for 364 days to step out onto that ice again. She may have been a world-class figure skater in another life. We'll never know because she's already taking piano lessons and we can only handle one thing at a time around here.


Ethan and his best buddy, Reuben, getting their skates on.


Megan was whippin around the rink in no time.


Ethan and Reuben found a prime spot to scoot around....near the girls.


Mark went in for some hot cocoa while I clutched desperately to the side of the rink. All I could think about was that time we went ice skating in Young Womens and AnnaLisa Clark took one step onto the ice and broke her wrist 3 seconds later.

No thank you. I fiercely guard my ability to feed myself these days.


But! I will say that it was fun, I am super glad I have warm coat, next time I'll bring a blanket to sit on, and I think the little girls could handle it.

Next year we'll bring the whole family!


No comments:

Post a Comment