Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer garden 2015

This years garden features a VERY healthy dill crop:


Some GORGEOUS beets:


Asparagus that could double as a willow tree:


And a lovely crop of raspberries:



The tomatoes are struggling and the carrots are crowded. The peas succumbed to powdery mildew and I have vowed to learn my lesson and save my pumpkins and cucumbers from the same fate. I have googled the issue and I am ready with my copper spray.

I have trellised the cucumbers and I am putting a stone border in around the blackberry bed (which is showing promise this year!)

I just opened and used the one and only jar of canned tomatoes I put up last year. I still have oodles of pickled beets left, so I am going to do my best to eat this year's crop fresh at the dinner table. Luckily, Ethan and Everly both like them too.

We are hoping for some cool rainbow carrots this year and of course we will be on the lookout for our Swallowtail caterpillars. I think they will appreciate our dill in the next couple months. It's truly majestic!

No comments:

Post a Comment