Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mathew turns 12!!

12 is a big one.

It's a year we celebrate because it marks the girls graduating into the Young Women's program....and the boys receive the priesthood and enter the Young Mens program (and big boy scouting). Either way, they are thrilled to be out of primary and relieved to not be forced to sing "Popcorn Popping" without sarcasm.

I know they'll secretly miss it.


Being a "friend year", Mather invited his church friends over for pizza and cake.

**Daxton Hurst, McKenzie Clarke, Sammy McCauley, Laney, Mathew, Megan, Emma Flynn and Audrey Sirois


** Haley Johnson on the end and Everly...previously hidden behind Emma.


Mathew carrying on the tradition of the "Chalice of Champions".


Taking a little sip.


Confirmed. It's a disgusting tradition. Which almost guarantees that it will live on and on and on....


I light up the poor mismatched candles! (I knew I forgot something at the store.._)


I smile for the camera and unknowingly blow out half of them.


Yep! I figure it out!


Give it another go...


And Mathew decides it would be more efficient to come to me.


We wolf down the cake and we are off to the movies! We saw "Inside Out". You can't go wrong with a Pixar. They are universally beloved.


My bestie, Julia comes along to help me keep track of all these adorable pre-teens.  She's awesome like that.


Happy Birthday, Mathew!!


Smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment