Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer bucket list - Deanna Rose

No summer is complete without a trip to Deanna Rose. 

We've been there many times, but we rarely go into the schoolhouse. It isn't the funnest or most interactive place....but we managed to find a couple ways to entertain ourselves


Yay for cute little girls on wooden horses!


And, weirdly, there was a barn cat hanging around. I've never seen that before. Maybe she belongs to a neighbor and comes over for some extra love? Mark's allergic, so the kids consider cats pretty rare and exotic animals.


I love this photo.
I love that everyone always catches a fish here. Always.
I love that nobody is in a stroller anymore.
I love that nobody is trying to roll into the pond.
I love that I didn't have to touch a single worm or fish.
I love that Mat and Ethan are masters of the dock.
I love that a pocketful of quarters can buy so much fish/turtle action.



I love that Ethan caught a HUGE fish (by this pond's standards). I have never seen anyone catch a fish even half that size. I think he must have been the Grand Poobah.


He helped Anna!


And Everly... (so grateful that they both consider "catching a fish" to be mainly holding onto the pole while Ethan takes the fish off and saying "BYE FISHY!" as it plops back into the murky water.)


Then we found an empty picnic table and had our lunch...



We grabbed an ice cream cone and enjoyed the best spot at the farm....the huge fan by the tables.



Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment