Thursday, December 17, 2009

While eating breakfast...

The other morning as I was fulfilling cereal requests at rapid pace, Mathew and Megan began to bicker. Megan had a small plastic horse (what we call a "mini winny") in her hand that belonged to Mathew. Mathew was demanding she return it and Megan's screams were approaching supersonic levels.

Me: What's going on?

Mat: Megan has my mini winny.

Meg: I was playing with it!

Mat: I don't care! It's mine and I want it!

Me: Mat, you weren't playing with it, you are eating your breakfast and we are leaving for school in 3 minutes. Just let her play with it. It should make no difference to you. You won't be here anyway.

(Meg gets a satisfied smile.)

Mat: That's not the point, Mom. It's the principle.

Me: Whoah. Where'd you learn that word?

Mat: Martha Speaks.




Me: Megan, give your brother his horse.


**And that, my friends, is why I fully intend to make a donation to PBS when the next Telethon rolls around.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would be ashamed to admit all the things Will has learned from tv, but if they are good things I should feel bad, right?

    ReplyDelete