Monday, December 28, 2009

Shepherd's Night

I steal ideas.

I'm an idea stealer.

My sister, Lara, does a "shepherd's night" in which you eat shepherd food (Shepherd's Pie, duh!), and then sleep out under the stars (Christmas tree). So naturally we do it too.

Only, this year we opted for Shepherd's Pizza Pie....bought from the store (It was a crazy day!)

I wasn't always this practical. The first year we celebrated Shepherd's night, I made homemade stew and bought expensive bread bowls from Atlanta Bread Company. I'm fairly positive the shepherds were big on bread bowls...no dishes to wash! My little babies stared at them and said, "I don't like this". Dinner was a bust and I'm pretty sure they had cereal. I did my best to eat all the bread bowls in order to get my money's worth, but just couldn't put away 5 full bowls filled with stew in one sitting. Disappointing.

So now we have pizza and we watch a movie until they pass out somewhere in the vicinity of the Christmas tree. It's fun...and 100% shepherd approved (don't tell me shepherdesses never gave their kids froot loops...okay, wheat loops.)




No comments:

Post a Comment