Sunday, July 3, 2016

Utah 2016...Day 3. We dine!

We awoke to a beautiful Sabbath morning. Church was at 11!!! ELEVEN O'CLOCK! How can I tell you how much I needed to sleep in past 5:30 am?  

We had time to eat breakfast. together.  I think early church paired with even earlier choir practice might be killing me a little bit. 

So we headed over to mom's ward and stayed for Sacrament meeting. Everly had been running a nighttime fever and Laney threw up in the middle of the night (it's possible highly likely that was due to a steady diet of orange tic tacs) so we didn't want to expose anyone more than necessary. Not to mention, I had major plans to snuggle with a duckling.


And this handsome fellow was back at mom's working on some delightful ribs and smoked brisket.


I didn't know it yet, but I was about to have meat that would set the standard by which all other meats of my life will be measured against.

I do not exaggerate.

This image is my new happy place.


Soon, family was gathering and food was laid out.

And we gorged ourselves Thanksgiving style.

When the cornbread ran out, I started stealing abandoned slices off of the little kids plates.

I'm not proud of myself.



As the sun went down, the teenagers produced fireworks from thin air and threw them about in a stunning display of their lack of judgement.....ah, youth.

Anna favored me with several servings of mud pie and sand shake...with a straw!


It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment