Sunday, July 10, 2016

Utah 2016 - King's Canyon day 3...we ride!

It's the last full day at the campground. 

Make me some bacon to go with my tears, Joel.


I will miss this: the gathering of cousins to play games and eat meals and tell stories. I loved looking over to find them all in a group enjoying each other and looking at each other's faces instead of a little screen.



We went out for lots of rides on our last day. Lara led us on long, beautiful excursions. I wasn't brave enough to go that far on my own and I was so glad she showed us some of the fun trails and rides she had found over the years.

I can see why they come here every year.



I think Mathew will miss the ATVs the most. There are few things a 13 year old boy likes more than wheels and freedom.


I should mention that Ethan had a pretty serious crash when he was coming down off of a trail and wasn't able to make a sharp turn. He went off the road and down a steep embankment. He flew over the front, scratched his back up and scared himself pretty good. Luckily, Kaira and Joel went out to find him and they were able to give him a ride back to camp as well as retrieve the four-wheeler. Ethan was pretty shaken up and when he saw Joel ride in on the ATV he thought he had destroyed, he broke down with relief.  I was glad he was okay and that there was no damage done. I hope Ethan can look back on the experience and realize that he was watched over and protected.

On a lighter note, YEEHAW!


I'm so grateful that Lara was so sweet to us and let us pop in on her vacation. My kids had a fantastic time and it was sorely needed. We needed to disconnect from technology and reconnect with each other.

I'll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment