Saturday, July 9, 2016

Utah 2016 - King's Canyon day 2 - we ride, we kayak, we shoot, we sit, we eat

We started the morning with the breakfast of champions. 

Fried scones...dripping in 50 dollar honey butter. (It was 50 dollars because Kaira bought the ingredients at the store that pretends to sell ice cream and otherwise wants you to sign over your firstborn in exchange for a loaf of bread.)

It was totally worth the money. (Especially because it wasn't my money!)


Then Megan took me out on an ATV ride. Which I found a little strange that I had never driven one of these and here I was on the back of one with my 11 year old daughter shifting gears and generally doing a fantastic job of it.


The boys got out the guns and played a skeet shooting game (I didn't know there was such a thing). And Ethan and Mathew fell in love. And from what I understand, have a good amount of natural ability.

Hoping that if we ever have to live off the land (zombie apocalypse!), those skills will come in handy.


The girls (Lara, Kaira, me and our daughters) decided to take the kayaks over to Tropic Reservoir and have a dip. The boys were finishing up their game and promised to come by when they were done.



The kids were brave and got into the water....I don't like to be cold, so I stayed on shore with Everly. It was really windy, so I opted to lie down on my towels and feel the sun on my face. It is enough that the temperature was moderate and the humidity was low. I miss the dry heat so much. It's important to take a moment and really enjoy it while I can.


Ethan showed up on an ATV and he took a turn in a kayak.  (He smiled when he saw this picture...look at those muscles!) It's weird that that huge guy is my son.


Kylie made kayaking look effortless. She's so outdoorsy!


Lara made the mistake of taking on Anna in a water fight. I should have told her that Anna has a fearless and competitive spirit. She will win!


Not to mention, when you start a water fight with a girl in a swimsuit and you are in jeans....you gonna lose.


The rest of the day was spent driving the four-wheelers (so fun!), playing games and making camp food. Which is the best food of all.


I'm officially in love with camping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment