Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fairy houses and unfortunate mozzerella

1. So.

It turns out I have found my one true calling.

It's building miniature houses out of plastic bottles and pine cones. 

Any chance I could make a living at this? Because I am so completely addicted to it. I could shingle bleach bottles all day. 

I started by spray painting an old bleach bottle, cutting out a window and sneaking to a park to scoop up a tupperware-full of landscape pebbles. Laney and I found the perfect pine cones along Ridgeview...and discovered a nice supply of bark under the same pine trees. 

We were ready to start!


The pine cone shingles curled up a bit, after the started to dry, but I figure the fairies can make any repairs necessary.

The finished product:  (my favorite is the stone chimney)


All the kids got excited and decided to make their own houses.

Meg's hobbit house:


She is know working on the bell tower. Check out that spiral staircase!


Mathew is in mid-production with "Ash's Inn".


Ethan is working on a house and has focused most of his attention on the roof. I love his chimney garden! I can picture little creatures sitting on the bench and reading a book.


I decided to make a clock tower. I started with an orange juice bottle, two sidewalk chalk containers and a little scrap wood to make a roof.


I am having WAY to much fun making mini flower boxes...


and porch lights.


I might be neglecting my housework/dinner making responsibilities.


Just think of the possibilities!


I have plans for fairy-sized raised bed vegetable gardens, picket fence with arbor, sandbox, teeter totter, clothesline, pathway, fishing pond with seed-pod kayaks....mercy!

2. In other news, I purchased these fresh "mozzeralla balls" at the store, thinking they would be yummy and maybe something I could slice up with fresh tomatoes for a side dish. 

And then I opened them up and realized I had just spent 3 bucks on cheese boobs.


I'm thinking they would be better chopped up and put into a lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment