Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cider Hill Family Orchard



If I could choose exactly how and where I would live, I'd move into the Cider Hill Family Orchard.

I promise you. I would. 

I love the trees and the barn and the old house and the fire pit and the chores and the making of delicious apple-y things and cute homemade earrings. 

It's wonderful.

While Mark was in Utah running his 4th Tough Mudder, I took the kids out to the orchard...


 and we picked 40 lbs of Jonathan apples....

Swiss Charm...


And accidentally let a few nasty Red Delicious sneak in there....we were deceived!

Aren't these apples beautiful?

Yes!

But they taste like potatoes.


In a moment of weakness, I sprung for BBQ lunch on the ranch and the kids collectively turned up their nosed at the "herb fries", which were essentially floppy hash browns with some rosemary.


But we had a nice time and the weather was gorgeous. My favorite part of the day was sitting in a comfy chair outside of the barn, snacking on apple cider donuts with my kids laughing nearby. It was one of those moments that made my heart feel happy and I was glad we made the trip out instead of watching tv in our living room.


We parked our very full bags of apples in the stroller and we went out to feed our hot dog buns to the ducks. Anna LOVES ducks and kept yelling, "HI! HI! HI!" at them while they tried to get their bun pieces and be on their way.





We finished off with a tractor ride out into the orchards.




Mathew enjoys one of the rights and privileges of preteenhood...the joy of sitting apart.


The only thing that would have made the day better would be to not have to drive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment