Friday, July 18, 2014

Weaning and Rejection

1. Mark is camping with the boys. Did you know that boy scouts are supposed to go camping EVERY SINGLE MONTH? It was news to me. And gives me yet another reason why I am so glad I'm a girl and will never (say it again, Sister!), never, ever be called as scoutmaster.

So we ladies are home alone tonight and that means that we forgot to eat dinner and we painted our toenails and we had an ice cream cone. Also, the house is pretty clean and the sheets are freshly washed.

2. I pressure washed the dyson filters. I am pretty excited about trying them out once they're dry.

Yes.

Excited about vacuum filters.

Not joking.

3. I am attempting to wean Everly. It is so so so so hard. She is older than the other kids were and therefore is fully aware of how much she loves to nurse, where to find it, how to ask for it, and how to throw a monumental fit (or a heartbreaking cry) when she doesn't get it.  It doesn't help that I have trained her to only take naps or go to bed at night after nursing. Also, when I need to talk on the phone, or we forget to bring a snack and I'm worried that she has gone too long without food, or when we are watching a movie (at home or the theater), or when I just don't know what else to do.

You can see why this is going to be a tough week.

But I just put her to bed and I haven't nursed her since this morning.

THAT is a record.

It took her all of 30 seconds to fall asleep because she didn't take a nap...because I didn't nurse her.

Also a record.

4. I have promised Megan a game of Phase 10 after I get the other girls to sleep. I try very hard not to promise anyone anything, but this one should be fun. If I can stay awake, I enjoy having alone time with her. She has a quick sense of humor and she has the ability to beat me at the game.

5. I'd rather get beat than pretend to lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment