Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrate and Pack

1. Unlike many summer mornings, we knew we needed to get everybody dressed and hair braided first thing in the morning. We had a full day ahead and failure to do so would result in jammies and bedhead in a lot of celebratory photos.

2. We attended the neighborhood bike parade and I said a prayer of thanks in my heart for the low humidity and coolish weather that seems to be sticking around.






I think Ethan probably realized that he was the oldest kid riding in the bike parade and if he hadn't been wearing a patriotic goatee, would have felt a little silly. Nothing says, "I'm not taking this seriously" like stick-on facial hair. 


Everly seemed pretty revved up about the whole deal. She was rearin to go. She even let me stick a festive headband on, something my babies usually hate. 


About two blocks later, I was wearing the headband and she was out. 



3. Between Mark and I, we managed to keep the laundry running almost all day and I'm pretty sure we ended up washing almost every piece of clothing we own....the towels and swimsuits twice. Somehow we got everybody packed up for the trip by 5 pm. If only that were all that had to be done....

4. 3 of my kids packed for themselves.

Oh, yes.

5. Hey, Mom! The kids are wondering if you know what this bird is?


It has a light yellow belly, if that doesn't show up in the photo very well.

Thanks!
Hope you are having fun camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment