Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rocket Shake Lake

1. Oh my, I am tired. It is late and I plan on staying up to run several loads of laundry through and playing the commercial game to get the main floor clean. Y'know.  The commercial game....where you watch a show and don't fast forward through the commercials but get as much cleaning as possible done and then run back to watch when the show comes on. I have to believe that somebody out there plays this game too. It's one of my main methods of getting myself to clean my house.

2. We went to Lake Olathe for a few hours today to soak in the sun and the second day of amazing, cool weather. It was the perfect day for it.

3. Ha! Just got back from a commercial and I got the entire living room picked up and half the dishwasher unloaded! It's amazing what can be accomplished in 3 1/2 minutes. Highly satisfying.

4. We went over to Prairie Creek Elementary to launch rockets with the Flynns, McDonalds and Adams and then even though it was already 10 pm, we stopped for half price shakes. I shared mine with Everly, so on the way home I traded seats with......be right back! Commercial!

Table cleared. Silverware unloaded. Laundry switched.

Anyway...I traded seats with Megan and sat in the back with Everly so we could share our shake.  For the first time I was able to sit back there and watch the movie. I have to admit...it was pretty great. Being a kid is pretty sweet.

5. Tomorrow we need to get a whole heckofalot done.

What's new?

1 comment:

  1. I L.O.V.E. the commercial game! It is amazing what one can accomplish in that small window of time. Sometimes if the show hasn't been holding my interest I'll actually keep cleaning a minute or two longer when it comes back on...GASP! So glad I'm not the only one that is aware of the commercial game. It's the little things that help break up the monotony. ;)

    ReplyDelete