Saturday, July 12, 2014

Florida trip...driving home day 2

All good things must come to and end.

It helps when the end of that good thing is followed by two solid days in the car with kids who WANT TO GO HOME RIGHT NOW.

Kinda helps ya move on.

There are a few things I will miss about Florida/the hotel/vacationing:

1. How magical is it to go to lunch and come home to a clean room? So magical.
2. I will miss the hotel crib with special powers.
3. The INSANE water pressure in our shower. Honestly. It was like a power washer. Not even sure I needed soap.
4. Living in my swimming suit. I am so over my 2-shirt rut I am in. I need to get some t-shirts that don't require a Downeast Outfitters wonder tee underneath. Enough with the layers! It's freaking hot.
5. Even though I had to pay a dollar per load, I always love washing clothes in laundromats because I get to wash it all and dry it all at once.
6. I loved finding seashells with my kids. We were united in a common goal of finding little treasures together. I was surprised how much Ethan loved it and how good he was at it.
7. For the first time in my life, I forgot to put on makeup for several days in a row. What was the point? Why do my hair? I'm just going to go jump in the ocean anyway. Skip it!
8. Flip flops are so great.

And a few things I'm happy to leave behind:

1. My hair is not meant for the ultra humid climates. I have a perpetual fuzz halo.


2. I miss feeling hungry. Like....ever. Vacation eating is the worst. Especially with kids. If I never see another nugget, it will be too soon.

3. Kids fighting over whose turn it is to push the elevator buttons. Every single time.

4. I don't actually like sleeping on the ninth floor of anything. What if we were to have a natural disaster? A hurricane? A tsunami? That's a lot of kids to get down a lot of floors.

5. The sand...while silky fine and soft, was pretty hard to get off. It was absolutely positively everywhere. Even in the pretzels.

6. I won't miss wondering if any of my kids would be stung by a jellyfish or bit by a shark that day. Maybe stabbed by a sting ray?

7. I need a kitchen. And some ingredients. And silverware. And ice.

1 comment:

  1. #4. I thought it was just me. Well...at least just me and Jean.

    ReplyDelete