Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Florida vacation...beach day 2

1. We were wiped out this morning. I was up watching the waves roll in and the little girls were snoozing away.


We weren't in any hurry to go anywhere so we let them sleep as long as they were willing.



2. We headed down to the beach for a couple hours and they all enjoyed shell hunting and boogie boarding. I hopped in the water for awhile and thanks to Mark's thoughtful purchase of a snorkeling mask, I was having a great time in the water. I never quite learned how to swim without plugging my nose with one hand. My kids are amused at this fact, since I am such a freak about them learning how to swim properly.

3. We got cleaned up and went to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2" down at the pier. It was pretty good! It also checks off one of our last Summer Bucket List items. The value of this cannot be understated. Also, we smuggled in our movie treats which is a time honored Hufford tradition and always makes me feel quite satisfied with myself.

4. We went back down to the beach, but the sea weed factor has bumped WAY up. The kids (Megan) were pretty grossed out by it, so we went back to the pool and had a good swim. We ordered a few pina coladas and enjoyed the warm water.

5. We ordered food at one of the poolside grills and ate while we watched Madagascar 3 in the pool chairs. The kids watched the movie while they swam in the pool....poor babies! We dragged up to our room and crashed. Everly....my Everly...actually went to bed in her crib without being nursed into submission first. It was the fastest bedtime routine we have ever had. And we only had to drive 16 hours to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment