Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hmm..

Is there anything as frustrating as trying to sweep up a macaroni noodle?

I think not.

And yet only the universe knows why I stand there and encourage that little noodle along with my broom. It refuses to glide along at the pace of all the rest of my dusty crusties on the kitchen floor. It moves forward just a few inches only to stick and roll under the bristles of the broom.

It's infuriating.

And why don't I just bend over and pick the nasty thing up and deposit it in the trash can?

I don't know. I just don't know.

Eventually I get it to "the pile", although sometimes I stop short and bring the pile to it. It's called Pile Relocation.

Can't you see that I lead an extremely high paced and sophisticated life?

3 comments:

  1. oh man, I love reading your blog.
    You could do what we do and just let the noodles and the rice sit over night, and then they are perfect and crusty for Mr. Dyson to pick up the next day.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sadly have experience in this department and will say that I think spaghetti is worse. I tend to also do the let it sit a day and then it will sweep better. Which it totally the only reason I don't clean it up that day :)

    ReplyDelete