Saturday, October 3, 2009

Creatures

This morning I found this little fellow on the wall in the dining room.


Kinda cute, huh? But a little wierd that there is a tree frog in my house. And how beautiful are those blue eyes? As I look at this photo, I sense wisdom in those eyes. Like he's trying to impart nuggets of ancient knowledge to me. "Tired, you are. Sleep, you must have. Chocolate, you must eat." Thank you, little Yoda. I will follow your counsel closely.

Oh, and what's a girl gotta do to get another brown-eyed occupant in this house? Dominant gene, shmominant gene. What a crock.

Then there's this thing I found on my tomato plant. I've heard they are very good for a garden, but I say, "freaky!" I was inching closer to get a good look at him and he honest to goodness turned his creepy head and stared my right in the eyes. Chills went up my spine.


Then there's the crazy big spider in the front flower bed that is super cool and HUGE! He is quite the web weaver and I witnessed him capture and wrap a moth for his breakfast yesterday morning (full body shiver). I normally would "take him out" but he is simply too awesome to kill. We're hoping he'll stick around until Halloween and earn his keep. Mark did a quick google to ascertain the level of danger he poses to our offspring and we are assured he isn't a threat to anyone but the wayward insect. So he stays.



But if anyone knows how to get rid of the nasty slugs that slime there way around our front and back porch every night, please share. Gross.

I confess, this is an old photo...but how many times can a person take pictures of slugs? And also, I still haven't repainted that door frame. I'm banking on the rest of the paint falling off and going with a weathered look. Is that still in?

5 comments:

  1. Slugs - Pour salt on 'em and watch them shrivel. Take the opportunity to teach your children about the circle of life. Slugs are one animal out there that I can't justify living. Plus, what if I were to step on the creepy things? ::shiver::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frog. I say he stays. He does look rather wise. I think he was saying "Make sarah more pork tacos"

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh heavens! I was laughing out loud at this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one of those spiders last year, and you know me - I don't do spiders. But, I let him live - mostly because he always stayed in the same place and I could go back and find him if need be. He was pretty much always there if I needed reassurance he wasn't creeping my way through my house. I guess he - well, technically she, laid eggs. This year we had two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Now there's reason to move to Arkansas! We would love to find cute little froggies in our house, too! But, I think you guys should move to Utah to escape those beautiful,but creeepy spiders! Incidentally there is still a plot of land available next to us!

    ReplyDelete