Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intercession Pt. 3

And for our intercession finale.....I give you....

Tanyard Creek.

Beautiful and the easiest hike ever.

My kids loved it because it had signs all along the way that name plants, trees, and reasons why something might be there. We found it very entertaining.

We only hiked to the waterfall because it was getting late. When we arrived there were some people taking family portraits up by the falls, so we took the opportunity to take our own breathtaking shots by this gorgeous natural cropping of chain link and concrete.


Never leave home without your camo shorts and brown velvet cowboy vest. Perhaps I should have waited a couple more weeks to get down the Halloween box down from the attic.....nah.


Ethan found some "clams". I have no idea what they really are. I do know that they are somewhere in my house in a mason jar and I had better find them soon or suffer the consequences.
Once "those people" finished with their photo shoot, we enjoyed the falls and poked around a bit. I must say that this is a beautiful little spot and absolutely kid friendly. If it had been warmer, I would've gladly let the kids get in the water and play.


We started hiking out just as it started to rain. Some people might not appreciate this, but for my kids, it lends welcome drama to the day's activities. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours.

The remainder of intercession was spent primarily on tv, neighbors, driving Megan to preschool and an open box of honey nut Cheerios. I put together 2 puzzles, which might explain the decline in mother-initiated activities. What can I say...I was pooped. This week the kids are back in school and I get a vacation from our vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is a gorgeous place! When we visit you will have to take us there. And yes! I do love the cowboy hat and velvet vest. Takes me back, those things don't last long!

    ReplyDelete