Thursday, November 5, 2009

I want my momma

My mom just left to drive home after a four day visit. I miss her already and I wish she would turn around and come back to help me run my life.

We had a really great visit which consisted mainly of eating as many yummy or nostalgic things as possible and staying up late at night talking until neither of us could see straight.

I'm so used to being mom and it was heaven to have the real mom here. She saved my tail over and over and came to my rescue daily. She watched kids while I ran to the "lady doctor"due to a freak run-in with a UTI that morphed into an annual exam (shudder). She picked up kids from school, sat in the car with sleeping babies and drove Ethan to scouts so I could put the rest of the kiddies to bed and Mark could keep his nose to the grindstone. She sat with the girls THREE MORNINGS IN A ROW so I could walk a child into school and work out homework mishaps with the teacher. She swept, vacuumed, unloaded, wiped and folded. She organized treasure hunts and modge podge crafts. She hugged, snuggled and sat in rapt attention to the steady stream of "Grandma! Come look at.." She admired my garden, cooking, home, husband, kids and blog. She even got up with the baby.

She left me more sure of myself and more confident in my ability to navigate my life. She helped me to clarify my testimony and my outlook. All of that just from being here with me and working along side me.

Oh, how I love my momma.

Megan said this morning, "If Grandma's house dies, she will come live with us".

I'm having murderous thoughts about a house in Spanish Fork.

2 comments:

  1. I've got the gas can and matches...let's get her here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need an alibi... I am here for you! I am glad you have had so much fun with your mom. I bet she misses you guys just as much.

    ReplyDelete