Thursday, August 6, 2009

Father's Day

was simple...Mark asked for Pork Barbacoa..please note that we were not enjoying a couple of cold beers. Mark loves sarsaparilla (it's kind of like root beer). Also, if you look hard enough, since it was technically Mathew's birthDAY, he was using our other special plate, the deviled egg platter. Fancy shmancy.
and homemade Peanut Buster Parfaits. The thing about Mark is that he is the best friend ever. He's kind and funny. For some reason I have a hard time blogging about him. Every time I try to express what I feel for him, it comes out sounding less than what I really want to say.

The thing is, I've never known anyone like him.

I always thought as I grew up that each person that you date helps you to form the idea of what kind of person you would eventually find happiness with. Maybe you find out you dislike certain personality traits or whatnot. But really, Mark came into my life and it was like I was introduced to my own personal brand of happiness....all at once. He balances out my inconsistencies and shortcomings. He has an easy way about him that makes me feel loved and fully capable of fulfilling my role in our family. I am THRILLED that he is the father of my children and when I think about the prospect of spending eternity together, I have a smile on my face.

3 comments:

  1. that's my bruddah!

    *shows off*

    Love you Puke. Happy Father's Day...a couple months late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mare, are you coming to the reunion because I really really really miss you.

    -Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when I first read this, I read, "I've never known anyone to like him" and I thought, well that just isn't true! And then I read it again. Glad to see you are getting caught up...now I won't really have to talk to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete