Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anniversary concludes....day 6

So this is the day that we spend drive drive driving back to our life and our kids and our callings and our jobs and house and our garden and our neighbors and our obese wiener dog.

I say driving, but really I just played on Mark's iphone while he did all the work. I did not get behind the wheel the entire week. Mark is a city boy and he doesn't get stressed when taxi drivers try to kill you. I love that about him. He made this week perfect...made it more than I could have imagined it would be.

The greatest thing about this time we had together was that I was reminded what it's like to be together...just the two of us. Not once did anyone get sent to time out this entire week...not once! We just laughed, talked, ate and ate some more. Oh, and we held hands! That is a rare thing these days as we are always corralling 4 little people between us. SO GREAT!

And the best part of all? I'm happy to come back to our life. The life that we built together. It was nice to get away, but in truth...I love our kids and our jobs and our callings and our house and our garden and our neighbors and even our obese wiener dog. We have a great life and we've spent 10 years making it what it is today.

And that is really worth celebrating.

I love you, Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment