Thursday, October 2, 2008

The good , the bad and the ugly

The good thing about sick days:
Blessings from dad and Uncle John
Clean cool sheets laid out on the couch so you can watch TV all day in luxury. My mom did this for us too....I love you, Mom! Why do I have a feeling this started because barf is easier to clean out of a sheet than a couch?
(no, my Christmas tree is not STILL up, as this photo might suggest. It does however nicely sum up the couch beds and the massive amounts of laundry produced by barfers)

7up(Don't you wish you had a 7up tree in your backyard, just like me?)

Laney letting me snuggle her for the first time since she discovered she has a will of her own

Redbox
(This is the ONLY way to rent Barbie movies)

The bad:
Hot baby body
Baby wimpering
Cleaning barf
Laundry laundry laundry (see photo above)
Should I take them to the doctor? Maybe it'll pass on its own...maybe her eardrums will burst and I'll be the worst mom ever....maybe I'll drag three sick kids all the way to Fayetteville, sit in sick misery for 30 minutes in the waiting room, pay a 90 dollar copay, sit another 15 minutes in the examination room and the doctor will tell me all they need is a couch bed some 7up and a redbox movie....

The ugly:

Putting my hair into that ponytail bun thingy just out of the shower...I always feel grody when I do that.Going to Walmart to get 7up and redbox and seeing a beautiful friend (Hi, Alissa) and seriously regretting wet ponytail bun hairdo.

The slug we found on the back door. Very gross. How did it get in? I don't know...I just want it out.

4 comments:

  1. your wet pony-tail bun thing made me laugh. I do that a lot...think I'll just run in and out of the store really quickly. It's the only time I see people I know at the store.

    hope you all are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something must be going around for so many little kids to keep getting sick. I'm glad that I didn't risk it and come visiting teacher the other day because now I would feel guilt that laney is sick. Brooklyn took 3 days to get better-and that is with antibiotics! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry your kids are sick. That is not so much fun, especially the pukey part. I hope it passes soon. That slug is nasty looking. I don't think I have ever seen one that big. Oh for ring tone I think I am going to go for the Josh Groban one. But we have to wait to down load it till we get some cord in the mail. So I have a little while longer to think about it. I am glad to keep up with you again. I think you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone's feeling better. Nothing like the seasons changing and school starting to get everyone sick. Love it.

    ReplyDelete