Sunday, May 17, 2020

The best gift of mother's day....

It's him.

He's the best at being my friend.

At picking me fun and interesting flowers.


And fixing our beloved old bread maker that we are pretty sure we can't live without.


And being the kind of dad that I come home and find him in the back yard playing ninja tag with the kids.



And I know there are dozens of other things he could be doing...things that are pressing and important and they're piling up in his mental to-do pile.

But he wants to spend time with his kids and he wants them to have good memories and learn and grow and bond with us and each other. He's always doing that...looking at the state of things and evaluating his own performance as a dad or a husband or doer of the word. And I'll tell you what, it's pretty great to be married to a guy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment