Saturday, June 22, 2019

Day 7- Guns, burgers and the Polar Plunge

All of this fun is starting to catch up with us. 


It looks like Aunt Ameli not only did the nails, but a pretty epic Elsa Braid, as well.


This is our last day at Bear Lake, so we hopped into the truck and went way the hay away so that we could shoot stuff up with guns. Uncle Mat gave us all a crash course in gun safety and we were off. I was feeling pretty reluctant, but my pride won out and I fired each one and took my turn. Turns out I'm a 9 mm girl!





When we had peppered every object we could find with bullets, we headed back down the mountain...and it started to snow! The boys were riding in the back of the truck and didn't seem to mind. That's a direct result of living in a state where June is usually humid volcano weather.


We stopped back into Merlin's for a burger. I can't resist a burger that combines jalepenos AND raspberry jam. No, ma'am.


I saved a few momentos from our little shooting party. It's who I am.


Another round of Mortal Pongbat!


So here's what happened next. We were all hanging about in the kitchen and the subject I'd been dreading all week came up again. The polar bear plunge. I swear to you, I had actually said prayers in my heart that they would forget about the whole thing.

That's okay! Because nobody can make me do it, right? And I know for sure that Lori and Shannon won't want to participate. I'm totally safe. I can disappear into the masses and no one will even ask me.

Oh but they did.

The did ask. And they stared with hopeful eyes. And I felt like I was a big ole party poop.

And I still said no.

Then...THEN!! Lori said, "I'll do it if Maren does it". WHAT???

So then this weird thing happened where I heard myself say, "Let's do it."

So there we were. At the dock. Do I need to remind you that I didn't get into the water during the day?


It looks cold because it is.


Ethan is thinking about that moment he hits the water...



There are FISH in there. Cold fish.


I thought we'd have a few minutes to contemplate the universe, but people just started hopping in! It was time to face the music.



This says it all.



But we did it. And it was crazy and now we feel awesome and I don't feel like a party poop!




1 comment:

  1. That drive back to the cabin after we shot guns was magical. Me and Ethan were in the bed of the truck and it started to snow. Listening to some awesome music while we had a beautiful view of some mountains and a lake was stunning.

    ReplyDelete