Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day 2017

1. Up at 6:30. Too early, but not completely unreasonable.

2. Kids lay out their blankets, establishing their gift unwrapping territory.

3. Kids largely underwhelmed by the stockings this year. Looks like Santa ran out of money, energy or both. 

4. Let the materialism begin!


Ethan.....so much weaponry. (airsoft) (not real) (we don't want to be a Dateline special)


Mathew... so much gaming. He loves the Switch. And it loves him right back.


Megan....received our family's FOURTH ukulele. But the best reaction was for her very own copy of  The Outsiders. Stay gold, Pony Boy!!


Laney finally has access to her own music and a couple (pre-approved) movies. She can veg out and join the ranks of those who can legitimately claim that they can't hear me calling them up to do chores.


Anna got a Nutcracker! She's been asking for one for years. I finally gave in and she's pretty thrilled about it.


Everly loved the castle! She loved all the sparkly parts and immediately started playing with all the Frozen characters and converted furniture. I am so glad it worked out!


Mark and I failed to capture each other in any pictures....which isn't that surprising. Mark bought me several thoughtful gifts. My favorite was three fruit trees to be delivered in the spring: a Pink Lady apple, Grand Gala apple and an apricot. I'm so excited!!

Mark got lots of stuff for his garage gym...all Rogue, of course. And some new jeans (which are technically a gift for me...wink wink)

We packed the kids up after our late breakfast and went to see Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. It's the first time we've gone to the movies on Christmas and it was really fun! The kids are getting older and able to sit through a movie.  I think it will be something we do again.

Back home again and the all scattered. Some doing art, other's playing video games or setting up airsoft guns.

I got to work on my new Christmas puzzles. Mark came by now and again to help me work my way through the huge box of Aglamesis chocolates.



A wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment