Tuesday, December 5, 2017

An Advent Breather

After 16 years of planning the advent calendar, you learn to schedule in some "light days". Today all we had on the list was Anna's special gift. She was underwhelmed by it, but I'm okay with that. You can't win them all.


The rest of the day was spent on this:


Which means my family won't go into strawberry jam withdrawals when the last drop hits the toast.  It's important to keep the sugar flowing around here. Also, I would like it to be known I did not style that photo with pine cones. I brought those in for a Christmas craft so that I could procrastinate one more thing. So we've been cleaning around the cones for a week.

Tonight I spent hours hanging out with Ethan and trying everything I could think of to convince him to do his homework. I threw peanut m&ms at his head, threatened to text his friends, watched a movie in 15 minute increments in between assignments.

There are worse ways to spend an evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment