Saturday, December 2, 2017

Anna's 7th Birthday party and a Chiropractic Santa

Thankfully, Mark didn't actually take the boys camping. They packed up the car, looked at each other and decided to go get some dinner and go see "Thor Ragnarok".  Can't say I blame them...and it worked out for me because they helped me clean the house when the got home last night. 

I was up at 6 am rolling and cutting out the sugar cookies for the party. Luckily, I had a great helper. She has a natural understanding of how to get the most cookies from your dough...look how she goes around the edges! I'm so proud!


We got it done.


And before you know it, there were 13 first grade girlies in our kitchen, giggling and swapping markers. They decorated their own cocoa mugs and then moved on to selecting a few sugar cookies and jamming as much frosting and sprinkles as humanly possible on each one.


I love seeing her the center of attention. It's the main reason I like throwing friend parties. Everybody needs to feel that from time to time. And these little girls were particularly sweet. Each one excited to give their gift and the others complimenting them on their choice. It was so fun!


When the gifts were all opened, we all ran down to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...the good one. The one that lasts 27 minutes.


The party was a success! Anna was happy and by 1:45 we were all done, everything cleaned up and we were on our way to Life Chiropractic to donate some toys to Toys for Tots.

Santa was there! And he was so sweet and kind to each of the girls. I love the looks on their faces as they spoke to him. It's still magical!




After we talked to Santa, each of the kids got an adjustment. I really hadn't planned on them doing it. My back was in 400 knots after supervising the Super Birthday Sugarfest. But they each went over and let them crack em and stretch them!



Laney is diggin her Pikachu hat.


The rest of the day we spent running kids back and forth to birthday parties, getting Ethan to work and then Mark and I attended the adult session of Stake Conference. We went out for Mexican with the Guenthers and had a good laugh. It was a full day!

I got a glimpse into our future as I waited up till nearly midnight for Mathew to come home from a babysitting job and Laney to get home from her party at a far-away friend's house. We Huffords are growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment