Thursday, December 14, 2017

DIY Frozen Castle

Everly wants a frozen castle for Christmas.

Have you seen the choices out there? The are either huge and meant for Barbies, expensive and cheapie looking, or crazy expensive and just out of our budget.

So I saw a pinterest post that sparked my creative juices. Somebody else had taken a large barbie house and redecorated it to look more modern.

I can do that for Everly's little Frozen characters!

So I popped over to Maj R Thrift and found this beauty for 1.50:


It's just right. It's missing a top piece, but I figured I could work around that.


I gave it a wipe down and used my countertop scraper to remove all the stickers.


I found a good "frozen" blue spray paint at Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon!). Just make sure it works on plastic. I sprayed it down outside, but carefully brought it in to dry because it is so cold outside. Soon it was ready to decorate! I love doing this stuff...


Luckily, Everly konked out on the kitchen and gave a about an hour to work on it.


I used this "Bling on a roll" I got a Walmart for tons of stuff! I just cut the rows apart and used them to outline and make everything sparkly!


Hot glue gun is the way to go.


A little silver paint and glitter paint to paint and accent. 



My favorite part was making new banners out of sparky silver ribbon. 


I just went to town! Made is as cute and fun as I could...I think she's going to love it.


I decided to go dig out a few pieces of our miniature doll furniture and remake them in the same style. Most of these are from a Rapunzel tower or thrift store finds.


All done!


I can't wait to give it to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment