Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017

Well, how about that?....a Christmas Eve miracle!

SNOW!!!


Which means....all the snow gear. Every one of our boots, snow pants, coats, scarves and mittens....

Out. 

Surely there is something in those boxes that will sufficiently bundle each child. 

For five minutes. Just long enough to go out, make a few tracks, lick the snow and remember how COLD it is!



Megan started to shovel our 1/4 an inch....


And she really stuck to it!


Anna discovered that soft snuggly mittens aren't that good at keeping your hands warm or dry.

Not cool.


It's been so long since we've had snow. It felt magical!


It was a pretty quiet morning. No last minute primary preparations!

So I tied on my fancy new Christmas apron and got the turkey ready so I could toss it in the oven after church. Kaira made my apron and I love it! Especially the sparky jewel and the little pom poms!


Before you know it, we were frantically putting kids in the car and busting it to church. We were almost late! I suppose having meetings and choir practice every week can be annoying, but at least it gets us there on time!

Mathew sang a solo in church...well, technically it was a duet, but they never sang at the same time...so that's a solo. And he did so well! It made me go into the ugly cry. I think I even made a sobby sound. The bishop gave me a goofy look because I was crying so hard. lol 

I was so proud of him. 


We only had sacrament meeting, so we came back, got in our comfy clothes and played a round of Yahtzee....which I played with exquisite technique. I was poised to win the whole thing when Megan rolled a Yahtzee on her last turn and ripped the victory from my grasp.


Megan set the table for dinner. I love the ribbons!


We had our friend, Johnny, and his daughter, Charisma, over for our meal. It was nice to see them and they left pretty quickly to have their own Christmas Eve.

We sat down and played a sweet game of BINGO to determine who opened up their Christmas Eve jammies first.

It was me! I was the winner!

And I got the softest blue stripey pants ever made...with some bunny slippers. Yippee!!

I failed to take photos of the jammies this year, but you can check them out in the Christmas pictures.

Mark made a single impressive trip back to the wrapping closet cave with all the empty boxes.


Christmas Eve is finally here!


No comments:

Post a Comment