Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Talent Show rears its ugly head.

Remember this?

It happened again. Mathew has a thing for talent shows. For some reason he does not fear them as I do. I tremble at the thought of putting myself on display.

Not Mathew. He insists on doing a bit of “freestyle breakdancing” every year. I don’t understand it at all.

He came home with the flyer calling for auditions and told me with an air of confidence that he wanted to do it and would I help him get the music together. When I asked him what kind of moves he’d be doing and wouldn’t he like to practice a bit, he just informed me quite casually that he’d “make it up as he went along”. This is when I had a mini-stroke.

I promise you I have had countless actual nightmares that I am “making it up as I go along.” His talent is literally the stuff my nightmares are made of.

I hoped he’d forget.

I hoped he’d get distracted by other things.

I hoped the talent show would be cancelled.

Or rained out.

Or maybe a massive lice outbreak would close the school.

But…..

Here he is at the auditions. Moments away from “making it up as he went along”.

DSC_1851 (Small)

Man…I love and admire this kid. He’s got moxy.

He also earned a spot in the talent show.

Go figure?

2 comments:

  1. When is his talent show????? Love me some break dancing. Would love to come watch. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so like you! Would totally give me a panic attack. He looks so excited in the pic though :)

    ReplyDelete