Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The blog.

There’s something funny about having a blog. In a weird way I feel like it’s a living, breathing, judging animal. I feel its disapproval for my inattentiveness on a daily basis. Almost as if it were one of my children and I have been neglecting it since April 26th….to be precise.

And yet, I actually do think about it every day. A little something or other will occur and I’ll think to myself how I might write it up in a clever or engaging way. Unfortunately…that’s where I get off the train. The pressure to present EVERY SINGLE thought that comes through my brain as something significant, profound, entertaining, or original is truly more than I can manage.

So I propose that I make no promises….

I am going to write. There is no guarantee that it will interest any of you. But I know enough about life to know that if I don’t get it out of my head and down on “paper” it will most likely be forgotten.

I’m living a part of my life where my children and husband fill up every moment of my days. I think and worry and plan and fail and here and there I fall asleep knowing that my kids are sleeping with a full belly, freshly washed hair, and a bedtime story decorating their dreams. I’m exhausted most of the time, but I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.

I feel impressed to record the things we do and the way it all makes me feel. So here we go.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments: