Sunday, May 22, 2011

Turning point.

Last night I put my sweet, guileless, infant to bed. She smelled of BabyMagic and fabric softener. Before she fell asleep, she looked up at me with that open, unaffected stare that only babies have.

You know….this look.

DSC_1891 (Small)

The one that says that they aren’t sure what’s going on, but they are just soaking it all up. Just ready to be acted upon.

This morning, she woke up with plans.

Everything had changed.

She got wise.

I turned around for a moment to put something in the oven and…

BAM!

DSC_1892 (Small)

She saw her opportunity and she took it.

Busted.

She tried to regroup. Maybe she could pretend it was all a big misunderstanding….

DSC_1891 (Small)

I’m no sucker. The jig is up.

She tried the old “suck on the toes” routine.

DSC_1900 (Small)

Puh-lease…

I’m on to you.

DSC_1894 (Small)

Look at that knowing smile. She knows it’s just a matter of time before I’ll have to take it out of the oven.

And then….

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I must admit that I am unable to look into her eyes in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete