Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tinfoil shoeboxes

This is the first year since we started our adventures with Elementary school that the kids have been allowed to enjoy the full Valentines Day Experi-ahnce. I have to say that moving to a great public school has opened our eyes to what we have been missing out on. Don't even get me started on the school play issue. grrrr.

When we covered those shoe boxes with tinfoil, I was almost giddy with nostalgia. I had feared it was a lost art. Turns out it's alive and well in Kansas. These guys know how to celebrate!!! No more "2 holidays per schoolyear" for us!

We purchased some silver hersheys....cut hearts from my stash of Valentine-themed scrapbook papers....

Busted out the official class lists....

Started taping and writing our To:'s and From:'s....


And perhaps we did a bit of sampling. We'll call it 'Quality Control'.

No comments:

Post a Comment