Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A blessing

Anna Jane Hufford was blessed on February 6th in the Olathe 3rd Ward.


Her father gave the blessing and it was beautiful. It was thoughtful and quiet and sweet.


Several men from our ward stood in the circle and one Brother Gammon (who reminds me of our Bishop Wall from Rogers Ward - possibly long lost brothers) performed the highly important task of holding her binky in her mouth with one hand while contributing to the collective "gentle bouncing of the baby". He did this without being asked and that is because he has 6 kids of his own and knows what it takes.

It was a wonderful day.

My mom was here. That alone! (Man! I really love her!)


It felt like a special Sunday. The kind that you remember as a kid, but don't really know why they felt that way. The kind where you smell the roast when you walk in the door after church and just feel....Sundayish.

And so here is Anna in her blessing dress pulling all different faces. I think she is a chunk of delicious.



Pre-sneeze....





Itty Bitty booties.


I loved this day. It gave me the opportunity to look around at all that I have in my life that brings me happiness. What a privelege it is to have these 5 beautiful souls given to us to get them started on their way. I love it. I love that I get to go through it all with Mark. He brings happiness into my life everyday. Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE these pics!!! I only WISH we could have been there! I couldn't leave town since I was on call for my client...and WOO! Glad I didn't. Got called to the hospital that night and she welcomed her little boy! So glad it went well and so SORRY we missed it. We will be up soon to give her thighs a good squeezing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren, so sorry the snow ruined our plans. We were looking forward to it! She was adorable and so glad that it was such an enjoyable day for the whole family! She's grown so much since we saw her last! She looks like Laney's twin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looked so beautiful! I loved her dress. you just make good looking kids. She is pretty delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's one lucky baby!!
    She is adorable.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how absolutely precious. Your whole family is blessed to have this sweet little princess and Anna Jane is so very blessed to be in your family. She looks so beautiful in her gown and booties. Every snapshot of Anna leaves me thinking, "Oh she really looks like Laney - no I can see Ethan and Megan - now she looks like Mathew"! One thing is sure - she definitely is a Hufford through and through!!! Thanks for capturing these keepsake photos. I felt like I was there. So wish I could have been - blasted weather! Anna is blessed to have sweet you for her mommy! I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete