Friday, October 29, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

The time had come to get serious and carve up some pumpkins.

But first we needed a little sustenance.

Now....time to carve!

I have thankfully surrendered to reality and given up the need to control what/how/when my kids go about carving their personal pumpkin. It has saved us all a great deal of anxiety. This way I get to focus on mine and anyone else who can't wield a small, orange-handled, wavy-bladed safety carver.

That's just Laney this year. Although she did communicate to me her preference for a round nose and fangs. I was happy to oblige.


Mathew went minimalistic.


Ethan executing his vision for a scary jack-o-lantern.


Meggy did alot of her own carving this year and then went crazy with the Sharpie marker. She was jealous of Marks when she saw that he opted for heart shaped eyes and nose. She was kicking herself for not thinking of it first. Bummer.


All in all, it was a successful carve.

No comments:

Post a Comment