Monday, July 26, 2010

Deanna Rose Farmstead

So now I've worked my way up to our summertime adventures! I'm not one for skipping over stuff, so I am going to bust these out. Expect lots of pictures of my kids...in every scenario imaginable. Ready?

First up! A trip to Kansas City. Mark was working, so we went up to join him and explore Kansas City and help the kids get excited about the move. Unfortunately, Mark was stuck in the office, so we put our faith in our GPS and google.


The Deanna Rose Farmstead. It comes highly recommended by my sister-in-law, Sarah. So you can expect that it's going to be good.

And it was!

They won me over right from the start: free parking, free strollers, free admission.

Free maps!


Amazing!

And it's freeness did not translate into lameness.

We spent the entire day enjoying all the farmstead had to offer.

Goats!



Megan did not appreciate the goats and opted for ringside seats safely behind the 12 gauge wire fence.

Bulls!


Hayrides!


Slides!


Vegetables!


Colorful kids!



Pretty fish!


Torturing ugly fish!

Even Laney caught a fish inadvertently. She was holding the pole for me while I frantically yanked hooks out of the slimy lips of the boys' fish. I'm telling you these fish were suicidal. They couldn't get caught fast enough.

This is a picture of Megan's fish after she threw the pole on the ground and ran the other way.

We ended the day with ice cream sandwiches and huge rainbow popsicles. I opted out, as I was still feeling the sting of my doctor's horror at my last pregnancy weight gain. Looking back, I should have had a stinking popsicle. Never again!





I loved this day. And I REALLY love these kids.


Awesome, happy, wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was so excited when I saw your post title!!! It is one of the happiest places on earth...minus the suicidal fish and the goats that corner small children. So glad you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete