Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kaleidoscope

If I had to give you any advice on something fun to do in Kansas City if you are over 10 years old, I'd have no idea. Nada.

But if you are a kid....we're golden!

Kaleidoscope is a place where Hallmark sets up tables, chairs, music makers, markers, paints, strings, scissors, stickers, die cuts...you name it and they let kids just go crazy with creativity.The decor is whimsical and artsy and ultra colorful.

It really is phenomenal.

And free. (Do I detect a pattern here?)

Ethan stylin his cub scout hat and sunglasses.


Laney takes her work very seriously. You would too if you had 3 older siblings. It's eat or be eaten....paint or be painted.

Fun with the number 8.

Laney playing in the "music cave". A very cool place to be and also a fairly safe place to leave her while a do a frantic speedwalk around the rest of the room to headcount my other 3 kids.


Ethan does the robot to Laney's fantastic stylings outside the music cave.

A moment of concentration.

Waiting for their artwork to come out of the drying machine. It adds a sense of drama and professionalism. At least I think it does.

When all was said and done, we left with 4 bags stuffed full of each child's artwork that we stowed in the depths of the van. It was discovered 4 weeks later when Mark decided to clean out said van. It was never heard from again. The kids haven't noticed....and I'm not going to tell them.

1 comment:

  1. So many people have told me all about fun, cheap stuff to do in Kansas City. I am going to have to take a trip up there with the kids and check it out. That does not mean I endorse the idea of a Hufford move to those parts, however.

    ReplyDelete